In January, I:
- Got a tattoo - Hooray!
- Kept up my routine of working out 3x per week. In January, I (re-)tried a new Saturday morning yoga class that I love. A new kick boxing teacher started at our gym. He knows our names and is very quick to call us out on being slackers, so that is helpful/the worst thing on the planet. Simultaneously, of course. Also, some of the teachers started getting together to play flag football a bit, which initially caused me a lot of pain due to the fact that football involves lots of running/changing directions, but is now much more fun.
- Kept up 1x per week phone dates with friends. While I don't talk to all my friends every week, I do talk to several friends each week, thus being able to keep up with most of them every two weeks or so.
- No more than 1x per week solo coffee date. I think this is the biggest accomplishment of January because it involved saying no (at least once!) to Starbucks AKA land of happiness, which has since been left behind in Argentina, not to return to my life until I get near gate D10 at Miami International in June. So, you know, will power - for the win!
- Re-visited my goals.
- Figured out how much money I need to save in the next six months to meet my goal of how much I wanted to save each year in Colombia.
- Tried 1 new local beer - Quilmes in Argentina. Which is actually terrible, but hey, now I know.
- Kelsi is going to get accepted to grad school in Boston so that we can start planning my visit there to coincide with fall in New England/her 30th birthday. Obvio.
- I'm going to treat myself to a lovely Valentine's date because this boy doesn't live here, so...self-love dinner date.
- I will update my professional development plan to renew my Wisconsin teaching license (back-up plan if I cannot find a Minnesota teaching job....).
How are your 2012 goals going? New Years resolutions? Do you still remember what they are??? ;)