June 4, 2011

One Place in the World? Try MANY places in this world. (Prompt 5)

Prompt:

Travel by Chris Guillebeau


If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?


My Response:

Ahhhhhh I don't have ONE place, I have A MILLION places. The author of this prompt says, "not everyone wants to travel the world", BUT I DO!! Here is a sampling of where I want to go.

I want to walk then run with excitement through the Alhambra in Spain.


I want to bike my way from winery to winery in Mendoza, Argentina.


I want to sail on a boat in Venice, Italy with a cute boy at my side a la the ending to Italian Job. If that boy ends up being Mark Wahlberg, well then hey, that's a bonus.


I want to road trip through all the great national parks in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, California, New Mexico and more.


I want to watch a game in every single Major League ball park in the United States (plus that pesky one in Canada).


I want to get out there and live on the Great Ocean Road in Australia.


I want to visit my friends and family wherever they end up in this world.

I don't have a single travel goal. I have life goals (or a life list, rather) that include a lot of travel.

And I am going to do them all. How? By working hard so I can play hard. By remembering that saving is important and not so hard if you put your mind to it. By investing in experiences and not in super nice things. By believing in myself, in these goals and the belief that you can do absolutely anything if you put your mind to it.

So see you out there, world.

It's going to be absolutely fabulous.


All images courtesy of Google images.

#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey.

1 comment:

CeCe said...

"By investing in experiences and not in super nice things."

I completely agree with this statement! The experiences will last longer than most of those 'nice things.'

Related Posts with Thumbnails