June 1, 2011

Laugh Until It Hurts (Prompt 2)

Like I said in Prompt 1, I got started with #Trust30 a few days late, so this post isn't actually written for June 1, but rather June 4. Oops.

The Prompt:


Your genuine action will explain itself, and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing. The force of character is cumulative. – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance


If ‘the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tacks,’ then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? Tell today’s sentence to one other person. Repeat each day.


My Response:


Today I saw the Hangover 2. I am not going to claim it was a life-changing movie or really even blog-worthy if not for this prompt. What I can say is that in all of it's smoking monkey-same basic plot as the first movie-Bradley Cooper looks gorgeous even in a sweater vest-that could never happen in real life ridiculousness, it was laugh out loud funny. The kind of laughter that comes from your belly and makes you double over in glee.


My quote in my senior yearbook included that line from Billy Joel that says, "We might be laughing a bit too loud, but that never hurt no one." So that's it, that's my sentence for today.


Today I hung out with my friends and we laughed heartily out loud together at everything, and nothing, in particular.


And it was a good day.


#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails