January 10, 2011

Happy 2011! (Two Weeks Later)

New Years Eve has always been a holiday that never quite lived up to the hype. Everyone wants it to be a great night you will never forget, but the majority of my New Years plans have been rather lame.

This year I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I did have some fun plans in the works. :) My friend Lisa, who I met studying abroad in college, planned a trip to Colombia to visit me and another friend. She arrived on the 28th of December and we met up in Bogota on the 31st. I loved being able to see her and spend some quality time together because although we have kept in contact since traveling in Spain during 2007, nothing is quite the same as seeing a person all day, everyday.

Lisa's friend, Liz, lives in Bogota and planned an awesome night for us at a party of some of her friends. A good mix of expats and Colombians, the party was full of delicious food, drinks and fun people. Also, I really liked celebrating 2011 at someone's house without the need to spend lots of money on a bar cover charge or drinks.

Lisa and I ready for 2011!

New Years hats :)

First picture of 2011!

The start of the new year still didn't feel very important as the clock struck midnight but I have been thinking more about it in the first few weeks of 2011 and I think it's going to be a great year. I have some good goals for myself this year and I am excited to see where they all lead! More details to follow, but for now...bring it on 2011 :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails