I have been in the United States eighteen days now and will be for seventeen more. My type A math major brain tells me this is the perfect time for an update :)
Overall it feels like I have been here a lot longer than that, which is probably the best surprise of summer this far. Coming home for just a few weeks to see so many people I felt really nervous that I was never going to have time to settle in and enjoy my time with family and friends. I thought the entire summer would feel like a blur.
Things are certainly happening quickly, but I have already done a lot in a short time. To briefly summarize my Minnesotan escapades so far, here are some of my summer activities...
- Coffee dates
- Visiting Aunt Susie in Colorado Springs - what I learned from this is that I need to live in Colorado at some point in life.
- FIRST visit to Target Field (new Minnesota Twins stadium) - one more to go this summer! I cannot believe this gorgeous stadium is ours!! It felt like going to an away game...
- Midnight showing of Eclipse. I am now 100% Team Jacob and 100% a proud Twilight Saga addict. Nevermind the Edward shirt in the photo - it's not mine.
- Breakfast dates at Day by Day Cafe
- Jamba Juice - so delicious.
- Family vacation to Cuchara, Colorado
- Bumming around the University of Nebraska - Lincoln while brother Michael registered for classes
- Enjoying the Minnesota lakes :)
- Shopping - Kohls, Old Navy, Forever 21, Ikea, Bibelot, Urban Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, American Eagle...there are so many more choices in the States!
- Entertaining weekend guests!
Hope your summer is off to a fabulous start! More details to come from the second half of vacation...