February 7, 2010

I been away but now I'm back today (& there ain't a place I'd rather go)

There are few things pure in this world anymore, and home is one of the few
We'd have a drink outside maybe run and hide, if we saw a couple men in blue
But to me it's so damn easy to see that your people are the people at home
Well I been away but now I'm back today and there ain't a place I'd rather go

I feel home when I see the faces that remember my own
I feel home when I'm chillin outside with the people I know
I feel home, and that's just what I feel
Cause home, to me, is reality and all I need is something real

We're feeling alright headin out tonight maybe off to a dark driveway
I say now, some feel bored, and some are looking for more, but we all just decide to stay
We got nothing to do, but when I look at you I see something that I know and love
And with the crack of a smile we all stay awhile, we know from home their ain't nothin above

Well in the end, we can all call a friend, well that's something that I know as true
In a thousand years, and a thousand tears, I'll come finding my original crew
Cause to me throughout eternity there is somewhere we are welcome to go
I said it's something free that means a lot to me, when I'm with my friends I feel home

I feel home when I see the faces that remember my own
I feel home when I'm chillin outside with the people I know
I feel home, and that's just what I feel
Cause home, to me, is reality and all I need is something real
Home to me is reality and all I need is something real, I feel home
[OAR, I Feel Home]
That's correct friends, I have officially booked my ticket home to visit Minnesota this summer. I will be there from June 23rd until July 28th, so plan accordingly. :) I think it's going to feel weird to come home just to visit and not have a 9 to 5 job to attend, however I am sure there will be more than enough to keep busy. My brother Michael graduates high school in June, so there will be his graduation party to attend. The third movie in the Twilight series, Eclipse, comes out in June, the same weekend as my friend and fellow die-hard fan Liz's birthday so of course that will be an event. I plan to make it out to California at some point to visit my friends Alex and Lindsey. Toss in fourth of July, my birthday, and I am sure those 35 days will fly by.
I look forward seeing everyone and spending some time together, as well as doing all the wonderful things I love about Minnesota in the summertime. See you then! :)

1 comment:

Writing Without Periods! said...

wow, congrats on coming home this summer. I love Columbia. Your blog is beautiful.
Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails