November 20, 2009

John Mayer - I love this man :)

No one buys CDs anymore. I get that. I know we all love to get our music online, and I love my itunes just as much as the next fresh-out-of-college-20-somethingl. HOWEVER, there are some artists who are just that good. I want to buy their CDs because sometimes that's all I want to listen to. None of this put my ipod on shuffle business - sometimes I just want one artist. You know those CDs you can put in on the road and listen to from start to finish? LOVE them. Some of my favorites to listen to from cover to cover are Gavin DeGraw, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, Jack Johnson, and lately, Green River Ordinance (Definitely one of my new favorites!). But, let's be honest, every girl has an all time favorite and mine is most definitely John Mayer. With 94 amazing songs on my ipod he is my go to artist for whatever mood I am in. From the first time I saw him scrunch up his face and play his acoustic guitar I have been in love with his music.

His lyrics just always make me think, which is something I love about music. And the lyrics...ahhhh so good! For example...

Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know it
When I see you

Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom

Staying up all night just to write

A love song for no one.
[Love Song For No One]

And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got

Cause when they own the information, oh

They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting

Waiting on the world to change.

[Waiting On The World To Change]

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken

Even as the eyes are closing

Do it with a heart wide open
Say what you need to say.
[Say]

Friends, lovers, or nothing
There can only be one

Friends, lovers, or nothing

We'll never be the in between.

[Friends, Lovers, or Nothing - NEW!]

Belief is a beautiful armor

But makes for the heaviest sword

Like punching under water

You never can hit who you're trying for.

[Belief]
Annnnnnd just for good measure one of my favorite things he has every said on stage :)


Well this week his latest CD, Battle Studies, came out and until someone (thanks Mom!!) ships it to Colombia, I am settling for listening to tidbits from his website and his amazing performance on Letterman last night! If nothing else, listen to the first song - Heartbreak Warfare. LOVE.


Enjoy & happy Friday!

3 comments:

Jenny & Justin said...

LOVE the "power of I'd like that" clip :)

Have you seen this? I've probably shown it to you but if not, prepare yourself for extreme jealousy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAk3nSgjVBg


Miss you :(

Kristin said...

AMAZING! You're right :) I am jealous...

TT said...

After 5 hours of tax work, lunch at McDonald's (Kill me!) Actually it wasn't too bad I had the yogurt parfait-it is just the actual going thru a fast food drive thru that gives me the willies!, Next a 4 hour ethics class (you thought teaching 8A was bad!)An hour and half Annual company meeting and a 2hour parent meeting for 9th grade EVHS basketball.(I could conduct the meeting in my sleep-I have seen the video 3 time now!)I came home watched my taped version of "Survivor" and ended my night by flipping over to Letterman at 11:35 p.m. to catch John Mayer. It was fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails